Note: If you’re seeing this on facebook, it is just pulled in from my blog at http://seancolombo.com
I’m in the mood to do some blogging in the next couple of days but have more ideas than time. What would YOU find most interesting? I’m thinking along the lines of either analyzing LyricWiki statistics or doing quick tutorials (“How to Write a MediaWiki Bot in 10 Minutes or Less”, or something similar).
Here were some ideas of stats I could do. They each take a decent amount of time, so please let me know which ones you are most interested in:
- Views / #Songs by Genre
- Views / #Pages by Language
- Views / #Pages by Publisher
- Infographic of Lables/Publishers in the Music Industry, how they relate to each other, and their prevalence in the market.
- Our prevalence in a country vs. it’s prevalence online
- Impact on page-views of being SOTD / AOTW / FMOM vs. not.
- Views from songs that were on the iTunes Top 100 during the month vs. those that weren’t. Views/page for that same group.
- Views by page-age and views/page by page-age.
- Views by page freshness (last touched) and views/page by page freshness. Include histogram of freshness across all pages.
Let me know in the comments what you want to see! Those stats, the tutorial mentioned, or anything else are all fair game. Since I don’t have many readers yet, if you comment then I’ll probably do the post you’re asking for.